Monday, June 23, 2014

Intoxicated

I'm intoxicated just can't take it 
Everyday of my life I feel like I'm faded
To a place I don't recognize or care to be
All this care free living don't really scare me
I said I'm intoxicated just can't take it
Everyday of my life I feel like I'm kinda faded
I don't wanna be don't wanna don't wanna be
I just want to go home
To where my bed is 
To Where my heart lies
To where my chest gets big when I talk to bar flies
Where it's actually refreshing to sniff the outside
And on Sunday mornings we like to go for a drive
Where our shoes fit nice and everybody is polite
And I can say your girls pretty without starting a fight
Because we all self aware nobody is jealous
And she doesn't get mad when I kick it with the fellas
Cause she knows that she's mine and I know that I'm hers
I've learned self expression through rappin my words
I've learned every situation doesn't have a cure
And I know I'm gonna make it through at least I'm pretty sure
I've been gone for sometime just long enough to feel that the churning in my stomach is actually real
I called home the other night and felt it go away
I might be gone for a time but you know I can't stay
Cause I'm intoxicated just can't take it
Everyday of my life I feel like I'm faded
To a place I don't recognize or care to be
I just wanna go home
Home where the road only knows one path
Where my nose can tell me where exactly I'm standing at
Cause familiar smells bring comforting feelings
Helps us forget these prison cells even have ceilings
Helps to cope with the feelings that we talk with to the dawn 
Another late night doubtful and when the day breaks I'm gone 
We're all just pawns in this game 
And I just keep on singin
And my phone keeps ringin
And my head keeps spinnin
And I keep on thinkin that there's something that I'm forgettin 

No comments:

Post a Comment