Monday, February 10, 2014

Creativity and Childhood

Creativity is a childish attribute. As we grow older we lose our creativity and I think it is because things get hard and creativity and imagination aren't solid enough for us to hold on to. Reality sets in and the next thing you know it's hard to be creative because we have seen otherwise. It is to easy to be like everyone else.

 Why can't we all just be ourselves?

Well maybe we like uniformity. we like groups and things that stay the same. things that are solid so they don't slip through our fingers like so many other things do.

I want to go back to when i was a little kid 3 feet tall innocent and free. I remember picking grass with my friends and eating the ends like we were cowboys. Jumping over bushes and hiding in trees playing night games. I remember digging giant holes and making sandcastles. Playing with bugs and getting stung by bees with a smile on my face. Running in the streets, playing in fields, swimming till dark and playing silly games. Lightsaber fights and trampoline contests spending countless hours in the sun, rain and snow. Watching my dad play hockey and get into fights going home early and eating out.

My childhood was so much better than my life now.
Now all I do is the same thing everyday all because things got hard.
Things aren't as fun

No comments:

Post a Comment