Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Poetically Speaking

Some nights I don't sleep at all 
staring at a spider as its creeping up the wall
I ain't got no one else in this device I can call
I hate my whole damn life I feel small
at a crossroad talkin to lost souls
they hit me back to say they understand my thoughts though 
leavin my heart open like my soul is leakin 
the worlds so cold I stay below freezin
People breathe hatred for no reason
destined for greatness
Tryin to make it up to heaven but I'm stressing on the wait list
It feels like I'm the only one that can save this
its an internal battle between hope and fear
my reflection in the ocean is all smoke and mirrors
I'm hoping people can keep an open ear

8 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the good old days with byllie d.

    "But I'm stressing on the wait list." Best line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for sure for sure!!

      It's got the hip-hop flow I was looking for. good to know someone can feel it

      Delete
  2. So I may have read this and then rapped it in my head the second time. But truth be told, I can't rap. It would be cool to hear you read this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually planning on rapping something at the end of the year. We will have to see I'm trying to decide between a couple poems. But I might just go up and freestyle

      Delete
    2. Sweet. I remember having a class with you as a sophomore. I always thought you were rad.

      Delete
  3. I'm not 100% positive since I've forgotten so many classes but I want to say it was health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you sophomore year was a lifetime ago

      Delete